Haverhill Welfare Assistance Department


Leslie Ramsay                         

Welfare Administrator


2975 Dartmouth College Highway

North Haverhill, NH 03774









Monday 8-4 Tuesday 8-2 Wednesday closed Thursday 8-2 Friday 8-4

In case of emergency and office is closed call 603-787-6800

Walk-ins welcome/Calls for appointments appreciated

Click Below for Needed Forms and Welfare Guidelines:

Town of Haverhill Welfare Assistance Guidelines

Welfare Assistance Application

Employment Search Form

Rental Verification Form

Frequently Asked Questions


The basic local welfare duty is described in RSA 165:1, I, which says:

 Whenever a person in any town is poor and unable to support himself, he shall be relieved and maintained by the overseers of public welfare of such town, whether or not he has a residence there.

Responsibility of Town Officials

By statue, the Select board of the Town of Haverhill is the Overseer of Public Welfare.  The Select board has appointed the Welfare Administrator to coordinate and implement a program of general assistance pursuant to RSA 165.  In the absence of the Welfare Administrator the Administrative Assistant shall serve as the Welfare Administrator.  The Welfare Administrator performs these duties under the supervision of the Select board.  The hours of the Welfare Administrator are posted above.  Anyone seeking general assistance shall make initial inquiry at this office.  Emergency aid, when need is demonstrated under the guidelines provided shall be made available within 72 hours after the applicant initiates the process. All applicants will be treated with dignity, respect and confidentiality.


Long Term Assistance
 If you are seeking information on long term assistance programs such as Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), foster care, disability grants, Medicaid, nursing home care, elderly care, and the food stamp program you may contact the New Hampshire Dept. of Health and Human Services. If you live in the Haverhill area , contact the State branch located in Littleton, NH at (444-6786).

Entitlement Programs
For entitlement programs such as disability, Medicare, retirement benefits, and widow benefits contact the Social Security Administration at (1-800-772-1213) or visit their web page at Social Security Online.
If you are seeking information on obtaining unemployment compensation benefits, job re-training, current employment opportunities, and job search techniques you may contact the Department of Employment Security at (603-882-5177 or visit their web site at New Hampshire Employment Security Home Page.

Food Bank and Fuel Assistance: Tri County Cap 747-3013

Homeless Program: Tri County CAP Annie Crowley-shelter advocate 444-0184

Friends of Veterans, Marc LeClerc, Homeless Prevention and Assistance 1-802-296-8368

Dental Services: 1-802-295-7573

Granite State Independent Living: Erica Marden-Information Referral Coordinator 800-826-3700 tty 888-396-3459

New Hampshire Department of Human Services: www.dhhs.state.nh.us/DHHS/DHHS_SITE/default.htm

Healthy Kids: Amy Dubois-Field Specialist 877-464-2447

Social Security Office: www.ssa.gov\


Download Applications and Forms from attachments: Application Form, Policy & Guidelines, Work Search Form, Rental Form